John D. Johnson, Ph.D., CISSP
My goal is to serve as a senior security executive, CISO or senior risk officer for a large multi-national corporation, with responsibilities to:
- Align information assurance and risk management policies with business objectives.
- Senior security professional with more than 16 years proven experience managing technical security programs across more than 130 business units worldwide for a F500 company and over 30 years of IT experience in academia, government and industry.
- Previously held DOE TCI Clearance, working as a postdoctoral fellow, technical staff member and network security manager for Los Alamos National Laboratory (1993-1999).
- CISSP credentialed since 2000
- Experience managing professionals in cross-functional teams, for technical evaluations, global product deployment, process development and ongoing technical and customer support.
- Experience working with business partners and stakeholders to deliver security solutions that enable business growth, process excellence and add genuine business value.
- Experience developing and enforcing global security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Experience working closely with legal and supply management in contract negotiations to select security tools and services on contracts exceeding $1M.
- Experience developing, testing and implementation of disaster recovery and continuity plans.
- Experience working with global audits and legal, privacy and compliance issues, including ISO and COBIT frameworks, and regulations such as: HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, PCI-DSS, FIPS, FISMA.
- Experience implementing security best practices and protocols, including: SSL/IPsec VPN, SSL, SSH, NAT, IDS, WLAN, VLAN, Mobile Communications, embedded systems, PKI.
- Experience identifying IP protection goals, managing technical security and incident response for a heterogeneous and globally diverse network of 80,000 endpoints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to interact well with peers, customers, staff and senior executives.
- Able to explain complex subject matter in an easy to understand way, to global audiences with varied experience and cultural backgrounds.
- Extensive training and experience managing complex global projects.
- Well respected subject matter expert and security industry thought leader, engaged with industry leading information security leaders on leading edge efforts on security standards, policies and practices.
- Ability to communicate knowledge and expertise and to provide insight and direction to stakeholders.
- Highly ethical and dedicated professional, able to work effectively in a global, matrixed, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
- Possesses a self-motivated, resilient, can-do attitude to overcome obstacles and find resolution in sometimes difficult conditions.
- Experienced leader and facilitator, with the ability to persuade and inform stakeholders with diverse interests to reach consensus on complex and high impact subjects.
- Demonstrated initiative, critical thinking skills and enthusiasm.
- Experienced entrepeneur and business ower, developing online content and educational courses for large universities.
- Adjunct faculty member at Excelsior College, University of Advancing Technology, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges and St. Ambrose University. Experienced educator and lecturer, having taught more than 30 on-site undergratuate and graduate courses since 2003.
- Serve on various society, university and industry boards and CISO panels, in the capacity of contributing member or officer, including: IEEE, Sigma Xi, InfraGard, Board of Governors for University of Advancing Technolgy.
- Enthusiastic promoter of science and engineering community outreach and humanitarian efforts. Past-President and Director of Quad City Engineering and Science Council.
- Serve on organizing committees for regional and international security conferences. Founder of annual security conference CornCon.
- Frequent invited speaker on security topics at industry conferences.
- Experienced mentor, with 5+ years as a Advanced Mastery Coach.
Resume and References Available Upon Request